Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Foster Baby

Monday, August 8, 2011

Mosiah 29:20

Yep...I'm going to start another post off with a scripture...

"But behold, he did deliver them because they did humble themselves before him; and because they cried mightily unto him he did deliver them out of bondage; and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him."

The part that particularly sticks out to me the most right now is "the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust i when thn him."

When I read this during my personal scripture study today, I kind of felt like it was a big slap in the face from Heavenly Father. lol. But, one that I sorely needed! You see, before Ryan and I moved to Virginia in June I applied for Virginia Medicaid so that by the time we got here we could just start going to the doctor for the baby right away rather than having to wait forever/pay tons of money to do so. Well, it is now August and I am STILL waiting to see if I can get approved. I have called them every single week day to check on the status of my application...They have been frustrating the heck out of me because they never seem to give clear answers or any specific kind of instructions! I've sent them all the documents I can even think of lol, and still....I must continue playing the waiting game......I won't go into detail about today's particular phone call with the Medicaid office. Let's just say that when I hung up the phone, I laid in bed and bawled due to the amount of stress and frustration I was feeling!....Well, later on in the day I was texting my dear friend Andrea, venting to her about everything that'd happened and how upset I was...and just going on and on (bless her soul for listening to me!...or rather, responding to my texts hahaha)...Well, at this same particular time, I was also reading my scriptures....Immediately after I finished my little rant to her, I read Mosiah 29:20 and felt horrible....But, it's a good thing I felt that way lol...I've realized that everything is going to be OK...Heavenly Father is going to help me get this taken care of, I just need to have patience (whether I want to or not, and even though it feels like I've been being VERY patient until this point!) and TRUST HIM....I need to TRUST Heavenly Father!!!! As soon as I read that verse, I immediately relaxed and my entire mood changed...I went from being bitter and having ill-feelings towards this particular woman I spoke to on the phone, to having nothing but love for her in my heart, and feeling genuinley bad that she had to deal with a frustrated pregnant woman today (I wasn't mean to her or anything, but I wasn't necessarily being friendly either)....I KNOW that Heavenly Father will take care of Ryan and I and our baby will stay healthy while we are waiting to get Medicaid and get to the doctor.....I truly love the knowledge I have of our Heavenly Father. I KNOW that He loves us, I KNOW that He is watching out for us and is mindful of each and every one of us on a deep PERSONAL level...We're His children, of course He loves us and wants the best for us!!

Speaking of children (yeah sorry this post is random! LOL)

Ryan and I were able to find out what the gender of our sweet little baby is.....at 21 weeks pregnant, we found out that I am carrying a.............GIRL!!!












We will be naming her Scarlet Jolene Foster (Jolene also happens to be Ryan's Grandma Worthington's first name...so that's special for all of us!)

We love her so much already and cannot wait to hold her and be with her forever!!



No comments:

Post a Comment